I purchased the mattress over the phone on 3/15/14 after seeing a TV commercial and checking out the reviews online.The price was quite a lot, ($2700) but it had a 25 year warranty and 90 day in home trial so I decided to go with it.

The salesman promised delivery in 7-10 business days and said I would receive a call from the carrier when it have arrived in the area. I called the 800 number on 3/31/14 and left a message but no one returned my call. I called again the next day and the man was not able to provide any shipping information. A lady called me back later that day and said the mattress was in the Chicago area and would be delivered soon.

After 3 weeks with no word from the delivery company I sent an e-mail to my saleman on 4/7/14 inquiring about delivery. That day customer service called me back and stated that the warehouse had been broken into and the mattress stolen. She said they would "expedite" the shipment of a second mattress. On 4/21/14 after not receiving any follow-up call from customer service or the warehouse I sent a second e-mail to the salesman and told him to forget it.

Customer service called me back and explained that the first mattress had been loaded on a truck the night before delivery and was broken into. That means the carrier had planned a delivery date without contacting me. What would have happeded to the mattress (had it not been stolen) if no one was home on the day they planned to deliver it? Would it have then been removed from the truck?

She said that the whole thing was out of their control but I beg to differ. They had a choice who they contracted with to deliver the mattress. They could have inquired why the warehouse failed to notify the shipper that the first mattress was stolen. Most of all, SOMEBODY should have take the responsibility to keep me in the loop.

No one ever contacted me without me first contacting them.Horrible customer service.

Had an Experience with Dormio Mattress?

Comments

The spelling of the company may be wrong.This Dormio Canada.

We do not ship to the USA and we do not advertise on Television.This bad experience is no way related to Dormio Organic Beds in Canada.

John